- Inspiring, creative copy to spur readers into action
- Great publications to make your charity stand out from the crowd
- Excellent project management to make your life easier
That’s what I specialise in.
I’m a freelance copywriter, editor, journalist, proofreader and editorial project manager working only with not-for-profit organisations.
Formerly an editor at ngo.media, the UK’s leading charity editorial agency, I’ve worked with more than 40 of the biggest charities and public sector organisations in the UK and worldwide – from WWF and Macmillan Cancer Support to the British Lung Foundation and ActionAid.
Whether managing the production of an annual review from start to finish, writing case studies or editing a single web page, I always strive to my clients’ needs exactly.
I have also written for many national newspapers and magazines, and hold a master’s certificate from City University London’s school of journalism.
Based part time in London and part time in Edinburgh, I am dedicated to producing the very best copy and publications for my charity clients – on time, on brand, on brief and on budget.
5 more reasons to work with me
- Agency service, freelance prices. Do you need design and print as well as copy? Worried that your project is too large or the timescale is too tight to use a freelancer? I am plugged into a network of the third sector’s best writers, designers, printers, photographers, web designers and proofreaders, and if necessary can assemble an expert team to deliver your project on deadline – at a great price!
- Unrivalled sector expertise. I live and breathe charity publications, working with charities day in, day out. That means I’ve gathered a huge amount of experience in producing effective, excellent copy and publications. I know what works, what doesn’t – and will apply my knowledge to your project.
- Passion. I strongly believe in the power of excellent charity communications to do everything from bring in money to save lives. The right words make people take action. My passion and enthusiasm spills into every project I work on.
- Creativity and innovation. I take pride in coming up with new ideas and producing exciting, innovative publications. Publications that grab readers’ attention. Publications that will get your organisation the attention and money it deserves.
- Taking away the hassle for you. My experience means I’ll be ready to ‘hit the ground running’ on any project, producing an excellent final product. You can tackle the rest of your workload safe in the knowledge that your important project is in the hands of an expert.
I’d love to hear from you. Contact me now to have a chat about how we could work together.